Male Facelift in Dallas, TX
For men, one of the most common areas for you to show your age is your face. Whether you are frustrated with wrinkles, fine lines, skin laxity, or sagging skin on the lower face, male facelift surgery can help.
While many people have the misconception that plastic surgery is reserved for women, the reality is that men also desire to improve the way they look and increase their confidence. However, because the facial structure and aesthetic goals differ between men and women, it’s important for men to have their facelift performed by a plastic surgeon who is knowledgeable about the male face.
Are You a Candidate for Male Facelift?
To be a good candidate for a facelift surgery, you should meet the following qualifications:
- Be in good overall health – The facelift is a complicated surgical procedure, so you must be in good general health. Being healthy can limit risks during and after your facelift.
- Be a non-smoker – Tobacco use increases the risks of excessive bleeding and blood clots during cosmetic surgery, so it is necessary that you refrain from using any nicotine products (including vaping) for at least six weeks before and after your facelift. You should also be wary of nicotine replacement aids (including Nicorette gum).
- Be frustrated with your facial appearance – Facelift surgery can help men achieve a more defined lower face. If you are concerned about a rounder, heavier facial appearance, a facelift can help you look the way you’ve always wanted.
- Realistic expectations – Your expectations should be realistic. At your consultation, you can discuss your cosmetic goals with Dr. Morales. He will listen attentively to your desires and create a surgical plan tailored to your goals.
How Is a Male Facelift Performed?
The male face is different from a female’s face in several ways.
- Men have facial hair (sideburns and beards), which can be negatively affected by traditional facelift incisions.
- Male skin is often thicker than female skin.
- Males tend to have more fibrous fat, making surgery more difficult for men.
Male facelift surgery addresses issues in the lower two-thirds of the face (specifically the chin, jawline, and neck).
During this procedure:
- Local anesthesia or general anesthesia will ensure that patients do not experience any pain or discomfort during the procedure.
- Small incisions will be made in inconspicuous areas of the face (behind the ear, in front of the ear, and around the sideburn areas.
- Liposuction surgery may be used to remove any unwanted subcutaneous fat beneath the chin or in the neck.
- Dr. Morales will reposition facial tissue to create a more masculine appearance (defined jawline, sharper lower face and chin, and contoured neck).
- Excess skin will be surgically removed.
- The remaining skin will be pulled tight and secured to create a more youthful and wrinkle-free appearance.
The complete procedure should take between two-and-a-half and four-and-a-half hours.
What Is Involved in Male Facelift Recovery?
As with all cosmetic procedures, the length of male facelift recovery varies with each patient, though most men require four to six weeks to feel normal.
During this time, take your prescribed medications, go to your follow-up appointments, rest your body, and limit your activities. You should not resume any strenuous activities (exercise and lifting heavy weights) until you are cleared by Dr. Morales (usually six weeks after your procedure).
You will likely have swelling and bruising for the first week or two, though these side effects will dissipate over time. Most men can return to work after one to two weeks (depending on the type of work they do).
Will I Feel Any Pain During My Male Facelift?
You will not feel any pain during your surgery because anesthesia is used. However, you can expect to feel some soreness and discomfort during the first few days after your procedure. Medications can be taken to alleviate any pain you experience.
What Risks Are Associated With Male Facelift Surgery?
While rare, there are risks and complications that men can experience after their facelift surgery, including:
- Adverse reaction to the anesthesia
- Asymmetrical results
What Results Can I Expect From a Male Facelift?
You can expect a more structured and masculine facial appearance that can help you feel more comfortable and confident with how you look. This includes a more squared and angular lower face and jawline.
When Will I See My Final Male Facelift Results?
While you can see some improvements to your face immediately after your male facelift, it can take up to three or four months to see your final results. During this time, the swelling and bruising will dissipate completely, and your incisions will heal.
How Long Will My Male Facelift Results Last?
Male facelift surgery offers long-lasting results. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise, along with a good skin care routine, can prolong male facelift results. Limiting direct sunlight to the face and wearing sunscreen with a high SPF are also important.
Your Dallas, TX, Male Facelift Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Morales is dedicated to helping his patients achieve the cosmetic results they desire while prioritizing their health and safety.