People who have lost a significant amount of weight are often left with loose tissue that is impossible to improve with diet and exercise alone. Dr. Morales offers body contouring procedures to give weight loss patients a body they can be confident about. These procedures remove excess fat and skin to restore leaner and more attractive body contours. Dr. Morales works closely with each patient to determine the best procedure(s) to meet individual needs and circumstances.
Body Contouring Procedures
A variety of body contouring procedures may be appropriate for your needs. Depending on the areas you would like treated and the type of treatment you desire, Dr. Morales will recommend one or more of the following: liposuction, tummy tuck, body lift, thigh lift, arm lift, breast lift, and/or breast augmentation.
- Also called “lipoplasty”
- Removes fat deposits that are difficult to target with diet and exercise
- Requires small incisions in the treatment area
- Removes fat through a small metal tube using suction
- Permanently removes fat from the body
- Can be performed almost anywhere on the body
- Ideal for weight loss patients with good skin quality
- Can be combined with other procedures to remove fat along with skin
- Also called “abdominoplasty”
- Improves the contour of the abdomen
- Tightens separated abdominal muscles
- Removes excess fat and skin from the upper and lower abdomen
- Incision extends along the lower abdomen between the hips
- Can be performed as a mini tummy tuck for patients who have loose skin and muscle separation in the lower abdomen only
- Can be performed as part of a body lift for patients who have a lot of loose skin in the abdominal area and lower body
- Also called “circumferential abdominoplasty”
- Improves the contours of the entire waistline and lower body
- Removes excess skin and fat from the abdomen, waist, buttocks, flanks, and back
- Tightens torn or stretched abdominal muscles to improve waistline definition
- Also lifts the thighs and buttocks
- Incision extends around the outside of the hips to the back
- Recommended for patients who have a lot of loose skin in the midsection and lower body
- Can significantly improve overall body contour
- Also called “thighplasty”
- Improves the contours of the outer and inner thighs
- Tightens, lifts, and removes excess tissue to produce smoother, more attractive thighs
- Ideal for weight loss patients who have stretched skin that hangs on the outer thighs and gathers on the inner thighs
- Can make simple tasks like walking more comfortable and enjoyable
- Also called “brachioplasty”
- Removes stretched excess skin from the upper arms
- Restores a more healthy and slender upper arm contour
- Corrects loose skin that flaps and moves with every arm motion
- Incisions are hidden on the underside of the arm
- Also called “mastopexy”
- Corrects tissue laxity in the breasts due to aging and weight loss
- Improves the shape and position of the breasts
- Removes excess skin to restore breast firmness
- Elevates the breasts to a more youthful position
- May also reduce and reposition the nipples and areolas
- Can be combined with breast augmentation if more breast volume is desired
- Also called “augmentation mammaplasty”
- Restores breast volume loss after major weight loss
- Inserts implants into the breasts to increase their size and enhance their shape
- Patients can choose from a range of implant styles, sizes, textures, and profiles
- May be combined with breast lift surgery to remove excess skin and reposition the breasts
Addressing Your Concerns
At your initial consultation with Dr. Morales, you will discuss your desires and goals for body contouring. Dr. Morales offers this first visit at no charge for your benefit and convenience. During this consultation, Dr. Morales will evaluate your needs and recommend which procedures and techniques will help you accomplish your goals. Multiple procedures may be recommended, and a treatment plan and timeline will be determined. You will be given all the information you need to follow to ensure a smooth surgical experience and recovery.
The recovery experience will depend on the extent of the procedures you undergo and your body’s ability to heal. During your consultation before surgery, Dr. Morales will review strategies to help you reduce your recovery time. Plan to have someone care for you at home for at least 48 hours (and possibly for several days) after your surgery. You may need to stay in the hospital overnight for monitoring and care. Medications will be prescribed to assist in healing and reduce discomfort. Due to the removal of skin and fat, compression garments will likely be worn to facilitate recovery, reduce swelling, and improve your results. You may be able to return to work after two weeks, pending the approval of your surgeon. Swelling and bruising may persist for several weeks longer. Depending on how your body has healed after approximately six weeks, you may be able to resume exercise at that time.
The cost of body contouring varies widely from patient to patient based on individually devised treatment plans. The specifics of your anticipated cost will be discussed during your consultation with Dr. Morales. His goal as your surgeon is to provide the best treatment possible and avoid the need for expensive revisions. For interested patients, we do provide financing options, including CareCredit®.
Your body contouring treatment will be designed to meet your needs; therefore, your results should match your realistic expectations. After surgery, your body contours will appear more natural, slender, and flattering. Your weight loss successes will no longer be hidden by layers of stubborn fat and loose, hanging skin. Instead, your figure will be much smoother, shapelier, and leaner. Continued adherence to a healthy lifestyle including regular exercise and a lean diet will help you maintain your results and enjoy your new body shape for years to come.
Schedule a Consultation
Dear Dr. Morales,
I like the way that sounds (even though I probably shouldn’t call you that). Ha ha. Just wanted to drop a special thanks to you to say thanks for all your great work on me. I feel so good….Thank you for all of your patience, understanding, explaining, compassion, caring, knowledge and wisdom. Believe me, patients can tell if the doctor truly cares or not . I could!
See you again soon,
O.B. - North Richland Hills, Texas
O.B. - North Richland Hills, Texas
I would like to thank you for your generosity. I am very grateful and thankful… May your business increase because of your sensitivity and generosity.
A.M. - Grand Prairie, TX
A.M. - Grand Prairie, TX
Frequently Asked Questions
Most body contouring procedures are performed using general anesthesia.
Every patient who comes in for body contouring after weight loss is unique. You could need a tummy tuck and liposuction, or perhaps a body lift, or even just an arm lift. Dr. Morales will discuss your options with you and recommend the procedures that are best for your specific needs and goals.
Scarring will depend on the location of your surgical incisions and your body’s natural healing ability. Dr. Morales places the incisions as discreetly as possible, but it is likely that you will have some visible scarring after your surgery. Most patients feel that the surgical scars are well worth the task of ridding themselves of excess skin after weight loss. You can lower your potential for scarring by using silicone scar sheets and minimizing sun exposure as much as possible. Scarring will likely fade over time.
Some insurances may offer coverage of qualifying body contouring procedures. For example, if your surgeon indicates that you are experiencing rashes, irritation, pain, and other health issues due to excess skin, your insurance provider may grant coverage for the procedure. Contact your insurance provider for more information about your potential for qualifying for coverage of body contouring procedures.