Lifestyle choices and the effects of the natural aging process can cause delicate facial and neck skin to begin sagging. The loss of skin elasticity can make a person appear older and more exhausted than they feel. This common indicator of aging can take a significant toll on one’s confidence in their appearance. To efficiently reverse the undesirable impact skin and tissue laxity have on the facial aesthetic, you may consider undergoing facelift surgery. This procedure can help define the pleasing contours of your face and enhance your natural beauty.
- Dr. Morales will evaluate your facial needs to determine the ideal facelift technique and possible combination procedures to produce natural results that effectively erase years from your appearance.
- You will review your medical history with Dr. Morales to ensure that you are healthy enough for surgery.
- You can go through before and after photos with Dr. Morales to obtain a greater understanding of your aesthetic goals.
- You should thoroughly discuss your wants and needs with Dr. Morales to receive the care and correction you desire.
- An incision is created that begins at the temples within the hairline, runs down the front of the ear, and curves back behind the earlobe.
- This provides access to the underlying muscle layer and allows for the removal of any excess skin from the lower face.
- This technique utilizes a more limited incision than the traditional facelift. It is created just around the ears and does not allow for alteration of the muscle layer.
- A secondary incision may be placed under the chin to address laxity along the neck.
- Sagging muscles and loose skin can cause wrinkles on the forehead, lines between the brows, and the brows to appear heavy.
- A brow lift targets aging of the upper face caused by drooping eyebrow muscles.
- If possible, the same temporal incisions used for your facelift may be used to address the eyebrows as well.
- Heavy, sagging eyelids can age your appearance and obstruct your vision.
- Those with eyelid skin laxity often develop a chronically fatigued expression or have puffiness under their eyes.
- Eyelid lift incisions are placed in the natural creases of the eyelids and typically do not add visible scarring to your final results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Facelift surgery is a routine procedure with minimal risk of side effects. Issues that may develop are mild and may include bleeding, infection, and scarring.
There is no ideal age for facelift surgery. While most patients are between 50 and 70 years of age, we can see people as young as 40 who require minor corrections. What is important is that the proper facial surgery is chosen for your needs.
The ability to restore facial volume depends on where you have lost fullness. Since facelift surgery addresses laxity around the cheeks, we can redistribute fat in this areas to restore volume. If this doesn’t work, injectables can be used to create the look you desire.