A new mother expects that her baby will cry, diapers will need to be changed, and she will likely be exhausted the majority of the time. What many new mothers do not expect is the significant changes that motherhood can bring to the body. Stretch marks, excess skin, and deflated breasts are just a few of the most common effects of pregnancy that, unfortunately, no diet or exercise routine can correct. For women who want to get their pre-pregnancy body back, Dr. David Morales offers the Mommy Makeover at his Dallas practice. The Mommy Makeover is a customizable combination of procedures that provide a firmer, more contoured, and more youthful silhouette.
Mommy Makeover Options
The unique nature of the Mommy Makeover is that it is truly a personal makeover. Patients work with Dr. Morales to decide which procedures they uniquely need to help them achieve their desired results. While your procedure may include more or less than the following procedures, the Mommy Makeover most often includes a combination of breast augmentation, breast lift surgery, tummy tuck surgery, and liposuction.
- Also called "augmentation mammoplasty"
- Uses implants to enhance breast fullness, shape, and size
- Corrects volume loss that is commonly associated with pregnancy and nursing
- Includes many customizable options regarding implant size, incision location, and implant placement
- Also called "mastopexy"
- Ideal for women who have sagging breast skin due to breast volume loss
- Eliminates sagging skin or excess tissue
- Relocates the nipples and repositions the breasts to produce a more youthful appearance
- Improves breast shape and contour
- Also called "abdominoplasty"
- Can be performed as either a full tummy tuck (which addresses both the upper and lower abdomen) or a mini tummy tuck (which addresses the lower abdomen only)
- Corrects excess skin, stubborn fat, and stretched abdominal muscles
- Trims away excess skin and removes stubborn fat
- Removes stretch marks if they appear on the skin that is removed during surgery
- Reveals a slender, smooth, sculpted, and shapely midsection
- Ideal for women seeking to eliminate stubborn deposits of fat on particular areas of the body
- Through a few small incisions, the fat is liquefied and then vacuum suctioned from the body
- Can be used to target fat on many areas of the body, including the abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, back, and arms
- Does not correct sagging skin, but can be paired with a tummy tuck or other body contouring procedures as part of the Mommy Makeover to produce the best results
Thank you for sharing your gifts of time and expertise for the members of the Club. Several of the women who heard you speak told me it changed their lives for the better. Keep up the great work and thank you.
Sincerely, L.R. - Dallas, TX
Thank you so much for taking such good care of me. I appreciate your expert job. You amaze me! You are awesome!
R.G. - Brady, TX
Thank you for being so loving and caring….You are all “tops” in my book!
Fondly, P.M. - Dallas, Texas
Frequently Asked Questions
Those considering the Mommy Makeover should be done having children or at least not plan to have children in the next five years, as pregnancy will reverse the results. Patients should be done breastfeeding and should have a stable body weight that they’ve maintained for several months before the procedure. It is also important to be in good overall health and have realistic expectations. While most patients are typically mothers, motherhood is not a required prerequisite for the Mommy Makeover. Many women undergo this procedure to reverse changes that have occurred due to weight loss and/or aging.
Sometimes, Dr. Morales will suggest separating the procedures if it is best for the patient. However, in many cases, patients can undergo a full Mommy Makeover with combined procedures in one sitting. There are indisputable advantages to doing it this way. By combining the procedures together, patients will have a lower cost. A Mommy Makeover will also allow for less time off from work or away from family. Your timeline from the initial consultation to the final results will be much shorter, meaning you will be able to enjoy your results much sooner.
Any major surgery presents the risk of side effects. For a Mommy Makeover, these may include infection, bleeding, reactions to the anesthesia, scarring, implant complications, and asymmetrical or unsatisfactory results, among others. Dr. Morales can go over the risks with you in detail and ease any concerns. Patients typically conclude that the established benefits of surgery far outweigh the potential side effects.
Scarring is likely to develop wherever the surgeon places the incisions. Steps can be taken to minimize scarring by utilizing certain techniques, but for most Mommy Makeover patients, scarring is an unavoidable side effect of the procedure. Scarring may vary depending on your surgical techniques and your body’s ability to heal. Scars typically fade with time and can be minimized by using silicone scar sheeting and reducing sun exposure.