One of the most often performed plastic surgery procedures is breast augmentation surgery. Also known as augmentation mammoplasty, breast augmentation uses implants to increase the size and improve the shape of the breasts. The procedure may be performed for any number of reasons ranging from a desire to increase naturally small breasts to a desire to correct noticeable breast asymmetries. Whatever your motivation, breast augmentation can enhance your breasts, improve your figure, and boost your self-image and self-confidence.
Breast Augmentation Options
Whether you desire dramatic and voluptuous curves, subtle and natural enhancement, or something in between, your breast augmentation procedure can be entirely customized to meet your needs. During your initial consultation, Dr. Morales will evaluate your needs and help determine the best options to achieve your goals.
- A silicone shell filled with a saltwater solution
- Creates a firmer, rounder appearance
- FDA approved for women ages 18 and older
- More affordable than silicone
- A silicone shell filled with silicone gel
- Produces a more natural look and feel
- FDA approved for women ages 22 and older
- Reduced rate of rupture and rippling
- The implant is inserted beneath the pectoral muscle
- Lower risk of capsular contracture, visible rippling, and inaccurate mammogram readings
- The implant is inserted above the pectoral muscle but beneath the breast tissue
- Less tissue trauma, which leads to a shorter recovery
- The incision goes around the areola of the breast
- Scarring blends with the edge of the areola
- Allows for moderate control over implant placement, but has an increased risk of changes in nipple sensation
- The incision extends along the crease beneath the breast
- Scarring is more extensive but can be hidden by clothing
- Preferred by many surgeons for the ability to accommodate any implant type and the reduced risk of complications
- The incision is placed within the armpit
- Leaves no scars on the breasts
- Limits implant types and limits control over breast implant placement
Before & After
Thank you so much for everything. The speed with which you got me in was greatly appreciated. You did a wonderful “job,” for lack of a better word. Good luck in your future practice! And, thank you again.
Sincerely, T.R. and A.J. - Dallas, TX
Dr. David Morales,
Thank your for the wonderful surgery. I love my new look. You did such a beautiful job. I will never be able to thank you or do for you like you did for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
S.M. - Dallas, Texas
Dear Dr. Morales,
Just wanted to let you know that I’ve had several doctors compliment me on your work. It makes me feel real good that I went to the best!
L.V. - Dallas, TX
Frequently Asked Questions
Breast augmentation enhances breast volume but does not lift sagging breasts. If you wish for a more uplifted appearance, your breast augmentation can be combined with breast lift surgery to simultaneously enhance breast volume and breast placement.
There are multiple implant characteristics that every breast augmentation candidate must choose between. In addition to implant type, these include implant profile, texture, shape, and size. During your personal consultation, Dr. Morales will offer a detailed description of each of these characteristics to help you choose the implants that will best fit your needs.
Choosing the right implant size is one of the biggest concerns that women have about breast augmentation. Implant size is not measured in cups but in cubic centimeters, and even two women with the same size implants will not look the same. The end result depends on size, other implant characteristics, and your natural body shape. It is important that you discuss your desires in detail with Dr. Morales so that with his expertise and experience, he can recommend an appropriate implant size for you.
Like any major surgery, breast augmentation presents a risk of side effects. These include bleeding, infection, adverse reactions to the anesthesia, scarring, capsular contracture, unsatisfactory results, implant rupture, and other complications. Dr. Morales offers breast revision surgery to help women who experience unanticipated side effects from breast augmentation.
The choice to undergo breast augmentation, as well as the appropriate timing for it, is highly personal. If you anticipate becoming pregnant in the near future, it is generally recommended to postpone your procedure. However, if having children is in the more distant future for you, the choice is up to you. Women who are concerned about the ability to breastfeed after breast augmentation should choose the inframammary incision location to minimize the risk of complications.
Breast augmentation is commonly combined with breast lift surgery, liposuction, tummy tuck surgery, and other procedures that enhance body shape. If you are interested in combining procedures, Dr. Morales can recommend procedures that can help you achieve your aesthetic goals.