Chin Liposuction in Dallas, TX
Submental fullness (which contributes to the appearance of a double chin) can cause women and men of all ages to look older and heavier than they actually are. These aesthetic concerns often cause women and men to feel self-conscious about how they look. And what makes submental fullness even more frustrating is the fact that diet and exercise often have little effect on this fat.
Liposuction in the chin area (submental liposuction) is one of the most trusted and effective ways to permanently remove stubborn subcutaneous fat so that you can achieve a more sculpted and defined chin, jawline, and neck.
Dr. Morales is a knowledgeable and skilled cosmetic surgeon with years of experience. Schedule your liposuction consultation with him today by calling our Dallas office at (214) 827-8407.
Are You a Candidate for Chin Liposuction?
Chin liposuction is a safe and effective fat reduction procedure for adult women and men. To be a good candidate for this procedure, you should meet the following qualifications:
- Be in good overall health – As with any plastic surgery procedure, chin liposuction requires your plastic surgeon to manipulate your underlying structure, so it is important that you are in good general health. Being healthy helps limit risks during and after your liposuction surgery and speeds up your recovery process.
- Be a non-smoker – Tobacco use increases the risks of excessive bleeding and blood clots during cosmetic surgery, so it is necessary that you refrain from using any nicotine products (including vaping) for at least six weeks before and after your submental liposuction. You should also be wary of nicotine replacement aids (including Nicorette gum).
- Be frustrated with the appearance of your chin and surrounding areas – Chin liposuction can help patients eliminate the presence of a double chin and fullness in the chin, jawline, and neck to help you achieve the facial profile you’ve always wanted.
- Realistic expectations – Your expectations should be realistic. It is also important that you understand what results you are hoping to achieve so that you can discuss them with Dr. Morales at your consultation.
How Is a Chin Liposuction Performed?
The first important aspect of your chin liposuction procedure is your consultation with Dr. Morales. At your consultation, you will be able to discuss your aesthetic concerns. Dr. Morales will evaluate your condition and create a surgical plan specifically for you.
During this procedure:
- Local anesthesia or general anesthesia will be used to ensure that patients do not experience any pain or discomfort.
- Small incisions will be made in and/or just below the chin.
- A cannula (a thin, hollow tube) will be inserted through the incisions.
- Smartlipo® uses laser heat energy to melt and liquify the stubborn fat.
- The fat will be vacuumed out of the body through the cannulas.
- The incisions are closed.
This procedure often takes one hour to complete.
Can I Combine My Chin Liposuction With Other Procedures?
While chin liposuction offers patients stunning results when performed as a standalone procedure, many women and men choose to combine their submental liposuction with other facial procedures, including:
What Is Involved in Chin Liposuction Recovery?
Most patients completely recover within five to seven days after their submental liposuction. During this time, you may need to wear a compression garment or other dressing, which protects the incisions and helps combat swelling.
You may experience some bruising and swelling after your procedure. To speed up your recovery and minimize any resulting pain, you should keep your head elevated, follow all of your post-op instructions, and apply ice, as directed. It is also important that you refrain from any strenuous activities until you are cleared by Dr. Morales.
Will I Feel Any Pain During My Chin Liposuction?
You will not feel any pain during the surgery because anesthesia is used. However, you can expect some soreness and discomfort during the first few days of your recovery. Medications can be taken to alleviate any pain you experience.
What Risks Are Associated With Chin Liposuction?
While rare, there are risks and complications that patients can experience after their submental liposuction procedure, including:
- Pain and discomfort
- Sensory changes in the skin
What Results Can I Expect From a Chin Liposuction Procedure?
In addition to eliminating a double chin, submental liposuction can help you achieve a more contoured and defined chin and jawline along with a thinner and more aesthetically pleasing neck.
When Will I See My Final Chin Liposuction Results?
While you will be able to see some improvement to the contours of your chin, jawline, and neck immediately after your submental liposuction procedure, it often takes one to two months for final results to settle in.
How Long Will My Liposuction Results Last?
Your results will be long-lasting. This is because the fat removed from the chin with liposuction is permanently removed from your body. It is important to understand that new fat may develop in the area over time; however, by maintaining a healthy lifestyle (diet and exercise), you can prolong your liposuction results.
Your Dallas, TX, Chin Liposuction Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Morales is dedicated to helping his patients achieve the cosmetic results they desire while prioritizing their health and safety.