Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) in Dallas, TX
If you want fuller, shapelier buttocks, and you’re considering buttock augmentation, you have a few options. The most popular and fastest-growing of these options is the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).
The Brazilian Butt Lift is a fat grafting/fat transfer procedure. It uses the fat taken from elsewhere on your body to augment your backside, giving you a defined hourglass figure with a narrow waist and fuller hips and buttocks.
While BBL is a safe and effective procedure when performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, there are risks involved. Choosing an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon helps ensure that proper safety precautions are taken to prevent serious complications from arising. Dr. David Morales is a highly respected, board-certified plastic surgeon dedicated to producing excellent BBL results in Dallas, Texas, without compromising safety.
Schedule your Brazilian Butt Lift consultation with Dr. Morales by calling our Dallas office at (214) 827-8407.
Are You a Candidate for a BBL?
To be a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, you should meet the following qualifications:
- Be in good overall health – You should not have serious health problems, such as uncontrolled diabetes, high blood pressure, or cardiac issues. You should also be able to discontinue blood thinners temporarily.
- Be at or close to your ideal weight – Maintaining a healthy and stable weight is crucial, as fluctuations will affect your results. That being said, the BBL is a fat grafting procedure, and you must have adequate fat stores to take. This fat can be collected from one or more areas, including the abdomen, waist, thighs, and back.
- Be a non-smoker – Tobacco use increases the risks of excessive bleeding and blood clots, so avoid all nicotine products for four weeks before and after your Brazilian Butt Lift.
- Be sure of your desire for more prominent buttocks – You should want fuller and more pronounced buttocks and not be considering the procedure to meet someone else’s expectations.
- Realistic expectations – Your expectations should be realistic. Dr. Morales will listen carefully to your goals and create a treatment plan to help you achieve them. He will also explain the process of fat resorption, where your body metabolizes some of the transferred fat (up to 30%). Because of this process, Dr. Morales will transfer a larger volume of fat than what is expected and desired for the final results.
How Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Performed?
A Brazilian Butt Lift involves fat grafting and requires two primary steps: collecting the fat from one area of the body and then adding it to the buttocks.
- General anesthesia is typically used for BBL, but in some cases, when only a small increase in buttock size is desired, local anesthesia may be an option.
- Dr. Morales will use liposuction to remove fat from the abdomen, hips, or thighs. Tiny incisions are made in the skin, and a thin cannula is inserted into the fatty area. A medical suction device is connected to the cannula that vacuums the unwanted fat into a sterilized container.
- This fat is then separated so that only the strongest and purest fat cells remain, placed into a syringe, and strategically injected into several areas of the buttocks.
The complete procedure should take between two and three hours.
What Is Involved in Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery?
BBL recovery is different from most other cosmetic surgeries as you must avoid sitting or laying on your back for at least two weeks — if not longer. The transferred fat cells are very delicate initially, and placing pressure on your backside too soon can cause a higher volume of fat cells to be absorbed. When necessary, sit on pillows to protect the grafted fat. You can even invest in a specialized BBL pillow or sit on a nursing pillow (boppy pillow) so that you can be supported without placing excess pressure on the buttocks.
Swelling will likely persist for several weeks, and Dr. Morales will instruct you to sleep on your side or stomach until you are completely healed.
Will I Feel Any Pain During My Brazilian Butt Lift?
General anesthesia will prevent you from feeling pain during surgery; however, bruising and soreness may develop that can last up to two weeks after your procedure. Pain medication is typically prescribed to control discomfort.
What Risks Are Associated With a Brazilian Butt Lift?
BBL comes with some unique risks. However, an experienced and skilled plastic surgeon like Dr. Morales will take special care to avoid complications such as:
- Bumps, lumps, and cysts
- Fat embolism (this is the most serious of possible complications)
What Results Can I Expect From a BBL?
Once the swelling has subsided and initial fat is absorbed, your Brazilian Butt Lift results should include a more prominent, nicely shaped, firm rear end that makes you look sexier in and out of clothing. Because fat is most often taken from the midsection (including the abdomen and waist) and transferred to the buttocks (and maybe even to the lateral thighs), a BBL results in the highly desired hourglass silhouette.
When Will I See My Final Brazilian Butt Lift Results?
It can take up to six months after a BBL procedure for swelling to dissipate and extra fat to be absorbed.
How Long Will My Brazilian Butt Lift Results Last?
BBL results are essentially permanent; however, they are easily affected by weight fluctuations, both gains and losses. It is important to maintain a stable weight following your BBL.
Your Dallas, TX, Brazilian Butt Lift Plastic Surgeon
You can trust Dr. Morales to prioritize safety while delivering your desired results.
Dr. Morales’s helpful and friendly staff is ready to answer your Brazilian Butt Lift questions. Schedule your Dallas BBL consultation or learn more by calling (214) 827-8407.