Posted August 13, 2019 in Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
Plastic surgery has been known to cater to many patients, particularly women, looking to enhance their overall appearance. However, a man’s physique is just as important to him as a woman’s is to her. Despite a long history of catering mostly to women, plastic surgery has seen an increasing number of male patients in recent decades.
With the rise in male plastic surgery, it is clear that men care about the way they look and want to maintain a youthful appearance. Fortunately, there are a variety of procedures that can help you achieve that toned, fit, and aesthetically pleasing figure you desire.
What Do Men Worry About?
For some men, aging can lead to jowls, wrinkles, and loose skin and fat that often cause their jawline to disappear. Others may be prone to unwanted and stubborn body fat and desire a figure that is more defined, slim, and firm.
Gynecomastia, a condition that causes men to have enlarged breast tissue, affects as much as 50 percent of men and can leave them feeling embarrassed, frustrated, and disheartened. Whatever is causing you to feel uncomfortable in your own skin, Dr. Morales can help you find the right cosmetic procedure to address your aesthetic concerns.
What Are My Procedure Options?
- Facelift surgery: Men can undergo facelift surgery to eliminate wrinkles and folds in the lower face and restore a masculine jawline. Depending on your needs, various facelift techniques can be performed to improve facial definition and create a youthful appearance.
- Blepharoplasty: Also referred to as eyelid surgery, this procedure can remove excess and sagging skin in the upper and lower eyelids to create a more natural, rested look.
- Rhinoplasty: Most men request this procedure to make their noses smaller, less prominent, or softer in shape. Through this procedure, Dr. Morales can help you achieve a more masculine nasal appearance and reshape the nose to create facial harmony and balance.
- Gynecomastia surgery: Also known as male breast reduction, this procedure can permanently eliminate excess tissue and skin on the chest to create a firm and masculine contour by using liposuction and excision techniques.
- Liposuction: This surgical procedure can trim down stubborn fat in the abdomen, chest, neck, back, and hip area. Through small incisions, a suction device known as a cannula is inserted to the treated area and used to eliminate fat, creating a more toned and firm figure.
- Tummy tuck surgery: Also referred to as an abdominoplasty, this procedure removes excess skin and fat deposits from the abdominal area while tightening the underlying abdominal muscles. It is important to note that a tummy tuck is not a weight loss surgery. It is intended for those who have excess skin or fat in the abdominal area and is ideal for those who are near their ideal body weight.