Healthy skin keeps you looking youthful and refreshed. The health of your skin is affected by environmental factors, aging, genetics, and, above all, how you care for your skin. Quality skin care can restore damaged and aging skin. Unfortunately, drugstore skin care products do not focus on skin health and cannot address significant skin problems. Dr. David Morales provides medical grade skin care for treating various skin conditions.
Common Skin Problems
Many common skin problems affect skin strength, volume, color, and overall health. Here are some common skin problems that Dr. Morales can treat for you.
- Pigment variations: Age spots, sun spots, brown spots, and discolorations often occur due to aging, environmental conditions, and sun exposure.
- Uneven skin tone: Excess sun exposure, scarring, and hormone levels can cause skin damage and an uneven skin tone.
- Fine lines and wrinkles: Aging, genetics, and exposure to ultraviolet radiation can cause the breakdown of collagen and elastin, which are needed to keep your skin smooth, healthy, and strong.
- Rough, dry skin: There are many causes of rough, dry skin, including aging, hormonal changes, hypothyroidism, diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, dehydration, seasonal changes, and certain medications.
- Poor elasticity: Poor skin elasticity is the result of collagen and elastin breakdown and may occur due to aging, sun exposure, dehydration, and vitamin deficiencies.
- Large pores: Genetics, aging, and poor skin care are the primary causes of large pores. Pores become larger due to dirt buildup, bacteria, sun damage, and poor skin elasticity.
Skin Care Treatments
Here are some of the various skin care treatments that can help correct the above skin conditions.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels can improve the appearance of sun-damaged, lined, and discolored skin. A chemical peel removes damaged skin so that the body can recreate new, healthy skin. First, the skin is cleansed, and then a chemical solution is applied to the skin. After several minutes, the skin is neutralized, the chemical solution is washed off, and the skin is moisturized. A few days after treatment, the damaged outer skin will peel to reveal fresh, younger skin.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: BOTOX® Cosmetic can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles between the eyebrows and around the eyes. Injection with BOTOX® Cosmetic relaxes the facial muscles whose overactive contractions cause the appearance of wrinkles. Patients can experience smoother skin for up to six months.
- Injectables fillers: Facial injectable fillers can improve skin conditions including the appearance of wrinkles, volume loss, dryness, and poor elasticity. Products such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® can fill in wrinkles, enhance volume, and rehydrate the skin. The results from treatment with most facial fillers will last between six months and one year.
Scheduling Your Consultation
You can schedule a consultation with Dr. Morales to discuss your skin conditions and options for skin care treatments. At your consultation, Dr. Morales will suggest the appropriate skin care treatment or treatments that can revitalize your skin. Professional skin care treatments can enhance your skin health and restore stronger, healthier, and more youthful skin.
To schedule your skin care consultation with Dr. Morales, contact our office at (214) 827-8407 or fill out our online contact form today.