Posted March 16, 2016 in Lower Body Lift
Sagging skin may be preventing you from having the body shape you desire. While weight loss and exercise can tone your body, surgery is the only way to remove excess skin. A lower body lift can improve your silhouette by removing excess fat and sagging skin from your abdomen, back, buttocks, and flanks.
How a Lower Body Lift Works
A lower body lift removes excess fat and skin from the lower abdomen and hip area. Individuals who have lost at least 100 pounds will have excess skin in these areas. Aging patients may also have sagging skin in these areas. For the lower body lift, a circumferential incision is made from the lower abdomen around the lower back above the buttocks. During the procedure, Dr. Morales removes excess fat, tightens the stomach muscles, removes sagging skin, and repositions the navel to improve your silhouette.
Benefits of a Lower Body Lift
- Removes Excess Skin: A lower body lift eliminates sagging skin from around the midsection, hips, and buttocks. In so doing, this procedure can reduce chafing, improve clothing fit, and improve hygiene by preventing infections that may occur in excess skin folds.
- Removes Stretch Marks: Stretch marks can be a painful reminder of previous weight gain. A lower body lift often removes stretch marks by removing the overly stretched-out skin.
- Tightens Core Muscles: Weakened core muscles can make the abdomen look loose and bloated. The lower body lift tightens the abdominal muscles to improve their muscle tone and shape.
- Increases Mobility and Comfort: Removal of excess skin and tissue increases mobility and comfort so that patients can more easily and comfortably wear any type of clothing, sit in any seat, and perform day-to-day activities.
- Improves Silhouette: By removing excess skin and tightening the muscles, the lower body lift improves your whole silhouette. Even the thighs and breasts, which are not specifically altered by the procedure, will look better due to the tightened skin in the treated areas.
- Increases Self-Confidence: Most of all, the major body improvements brought about by the lower body lift can increase your self-confidence and improve your self-image.
If you have finished the difficult journey of major weight loss and now have sagging skin or if you are experiencing skin laxity due to aging, schedule your consultation with Dr. David Morales to find out more about the lower body lift procedure. Please call (214) 827-8407 or complete our online contact form to contact us today.