Posted July 20, 2020 in Rhinoplasty
2 Minute Read:
Your nose is the central focus point for your face. Many people have different features about their noses that they wish to fix. Luckily, rhinoplasty offers safe, effective results to give people the nose they wish they were born with.
What Is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, is a cosmetic surgery that looks to enhance facial harmony and fix undesirable proportions of a nose.
What Can Rhinoplasty Fix?
Rhinoplasty can fix a variety of issues.
Nasal Bridge Shape
If you have bumps or depressions along your nasal bridge, a rhinoplasty can smooth these out to give you a straighter, more aesthetically-pleasing nose. The surgeon can fix this issue in a variety of ways. First, they may choose to remove excess cartilage or the bone of the bridge of the nose. This can be accomplished through an open or closed rhinoplasty. Or, the surgeon may use grafts or implants to fill voids in the nasal bridge. You can discuss with your surgeon the option that is best for you.
Some patients are unhappy with their nostrils’ size, whether it be too small or too big. A plastic surgeon can fix this by making a small incision where the nostril meets cheeks to adjust the tissue and nostril size.
Nasal Tip Projection
Many people don’t want a nasal tip that protrudes too far out. Rhinoplasty can alter and fix nasal tip projection via cartilage manipulation. Surgeons can correct a weak tip, a bulbous tip, or other undesirable tip features.
What to Expect From a Rhinoplasty Procedure?
No matter what issue you’re addressing, most rhinoplasty procedures follow the same format:
- A patient is put under anesthesia. Your surgeon will recommend whether general or intravenous sedation is best for your surgery.
- The surgeon will make an incision. The placement of the incision will depend on if you’re getting an open or closed rhinoplasty.
- The nose is fixed in accordance with what issue you’re trying to solve. This might include removing excess cartilage, adjusting tissue, or manipulating cartilage.
- The incisions are closed.
- The patient is brought back from under anesthesia and begins their recovery process. For most rhinoplasty procedures, real results will take a while to formulate.
Interested in Learning More?
If you’re ready for your rhinoplasty, you can book a consultation with Dr. David Morales, the Cosmetic Surgery Specialist of Dallas, Texas. Dr. Morales has decades of experience with rhinoplasty procedures and giving people the nose of their dreams. During your consultation, you will have a chance to discuss your issues and your desired outcome. Book an appointment today by calling (214) 827-8407 or filling out this online form.